Cultivating play, creativity, and gratitude are all guideposts for Wholehearted Living. Today, I'm combining them on my "play list."
I'm feeling very grateful for and inspired by:
1. A girls weekend with Ellen. We laughed, played, and baked & decorated 80 cupcakes (it's the end-of-school crazies around here). Ellen out baked me - she even got out the Bakerella book and made cake pops for her friends.
2. Steve, David, and Jen finishing the triathalon in Austin. The event was also a qualifier for the Paratriathalon National Championships. Charlie came home absolutely inspired by these tremendous athletes. Go Team RWB!
3. This wonderful Cilantro Thai Grilled Chicken recipe from Artsy-Foodie. I found it on Pinterest and we made the marinade last night. Absolutely delicious! Note: We doubled the recipe.
4. Chowhound. I can always find the answers to quirky cooking questions on their website. For instance, what's the best way to store the toasted sesame oil that I used to make the marinade? It wasn't on the label.
5. My friend, Farrah, and her adventures in integration. I believe that one of the great developmental tasks of midlife is to find a place that brings together who we are and everything we love doing. This art project by Farrah is such a powerful and beautiful example.
6. Willie Nelson's new album Heroes. I love all of the duets with his incredibly talented son, Lukas Nelson. My favorite is Willie and Lukas singing Eddie Vedder's Breathe.
7. A hopeful article about good summer TV options. Borgen, Push Girls, The Newsroom, Louie, and Masterpiece Mystery: Endeavor all seem worth trying!
How are you playing and creating? What's inspiring you today?